[ale] Wirless NIC Advice

AMIT AGRAWAL amitag at uga.edu
Tue Jul 15 17:23:08 EDT 2003

Sorry I was out of sync with this list for a while. And now this is a topic
of my interest.

Any network card as of now works pretty well with Linux. I have myself used
Ornico,Linksys and Dell cards on Linux in both Dell and Gateway laptops. My
experience with Linux was with Red Hat and I expect pretty good performance
with Suse also.

If you need help installing it just ask me. Although with red hat it is more
like plug-n-play but you might need some extra-info for which all you got to
use are the standard interfaces like you use for a normal ethernet card.

take care

Amit