[ale] Spam filtering

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Sun Jul 13 18:19:32 EDT 2003

[...]

    >> FROM field, but this will only weed out a small amount of spam,
    >> since spammers have gotten wise to this and typically forge
    >> real domain names.

    esoteric> As well as real email addresses.  At least, some of the
    esoteric> current viri do this.

There's actually a term for this now: `joe job'.

http://www.techtv.com/news/culture/story/0,24195,3415219,00.html

There are proposals for ways to guard against this, but there's
nothing set in stone (or in RFC, for that matter) just yet.  For one
such proposal check out:

http://spf.pobox.com/

770 294-0820 (m)      |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=