[ale] Spam filtering

Christopher R. Curzio ale at accipiter.org
Sun Jul 13 12:37:24 EDT 2003

Well, since you're probably referring to addresses, you're probably asking
about how to test the validity of the sender, and not necessarily the
server.

Sendmail can make sure that mail is rejected from bogus host names in the
FROM field, but this will only weed out a small amount of spam, since
spammers have gotten wise to this and typically forge real domain names.

As for validating the SENDER, I don't know that you can do that. Check
here for your options with sendmail: http://www.sendmail.org/antispam.html

--
Christopher R. Curzio     |  Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax
http://www.accipiter.org  |  si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Sun, 13 Jul 2003 12:17:40 -0400