[ale] *tap* *tap* is this thing on?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Jul 12 07:35:19 EDT 2003

Ronald Chmara wrote:
> I now must break *way* too many rules of decent listserv edict....

Join the club...

> I signed up tonight, and didn't read a single post, (er, FAQ-folk, hit
> me! (make it hurt?))

<slap>pain</slap>

> I'm moving from Tucson, AZ to ATL on the 22nd,  just outside of the
> chamblee area (I dunno if I even spelled it right). I'm looking for
> clueful ISP's, PHP geeks (er.. is geek a good title in ATL?),

Yeah, we speak the same language when it comes to computers, but ya'll
have to get used to some other colloquialisms. :)

Why the move to Atl?

> thoughts
> on dedicated residential service, and anything else that might help a
> desert linux rat. I need a /27 or /28 (the pain!) on something 256Kbits
> or better, with an ISP I can talk routing with, not some idiot who uses
> a GUI to manage a cisco.... thoughts?

I've been extremely pleased with speedfactory.  I've got a dsl
connection, static IP, and domain support.  I did have two IPs when I
was working virtual office for AT&T Labs, one for the corporate vpn, the
other for my personal network.  Many of there servers are running Linux
or some flavor of Unix.  They can certainly talk networks and routing.

> (Help me ale-kenobi, you're my only hope...)

ale-kenobi has left the building,,, actually, she's in the ladies room..

> Google Ronabop, or Ron Chmara, if ya wanna get a picture of who I am..

It's too early in the morning for such fearful endeavors... :)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...