[ale] OT: MySQL Blobs

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Jul 11 07:36:15 EDT 2003

I've got the database storing names and all my perl stuff written.  I can
now place a cd in the drive and with a perl script rip it, convert it, and
store it into the database.

One weakness occured to me.  If I want to use my rip script on another
machine I can not use the mysql driver to put the MP3 song on the server.
If I was to use blobs instead of a pathname then I could then use
the mysqlclient API to dump songs into the database remotely over
the network.  The way I have set it up now I can not do that.  I could
use scp to copy it over I guess.  Has anoyone ran into this issue?

Chris