[ale] Re: problems with ncd explora 701 thin client "X-terminal" and netscapeand mozilla (Michael D. Hirsch)

Van L. Loggins vloggins at turbocorp.com
Tue Jul 8 10:09:09 EDT 2003

> Message: 12 From: "Michael D. Hirsch" <mhirsch at nubridges.com>
> Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 16:53:31 -0400 Reply-To: ale at ale.org
>
>>> We need a mail client and a web browser that is graphical enough for the
>>> average user to be able to use, and relatively trouble free.
>>

>Konqueror is good enough for everyday use, IMO.  I use it that way.  There
>still are occasional websites with javascript and/or i-frames it isn't
>happy with.
>
>Kmail is also good.  Given that you have thin clients, I assume that
>lightweight is not as important as good, in which case kmail is a good
>choice.  If you want lightweight then sylpheed is very fast and small, but
>still easy to use.

Thanks for the input Michael.

In an ideal situation we would be able to have the best of both worlds and
we would have programs that are both lightweight and good. However
I have yet to find a 100% ideal situation. Linux is as close to this
goal as
We can possibly get. :)

We were able to fix the problems we were having with these thin client
terminals.
Mozilla 1.4 doesn't have the same problems with memory leakage and code
bloat
as it's retail sibling netscape 7.1

Thanks again
Van