[ale] Samba printing

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jul 7 22:33:17 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 04:02:52PM -0400, Pete Hardie wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Does anyone have a link to a good tutorial about setting up Samba for
> printing? I have Googled, but the number of matches is too big, and most
>  are a little too generic for my problem - setting up a Samba server to
> allow an XP box to print on a printer attached to my RH8.0 box.

The following three articles aren't specific to printing, but they are a
very good overview of samba:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-sambaint/
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-samba2.html
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-samba3.html

The 3rd article has some information about printing.

HTH,
Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9