[ale] Xcdroast on RH9 not reading disks

George Johnson gljay at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 4 00:27:19 EDT 2003

For some strange reason I cannot get it to read from one or the other drive.
I have 2 cd burners (32x and 52x).  When I first attempted to disk copy it
would not read from the 32x.  Now it will not read from either drive.  Each
time I put a disk (burned or blank) xwindows comes up with a window with
what is on the burned disk in a window and "burn///" at the top of another
window for a blank.  For the cd with data on it there is an icon immediatly
created for the desk top.  It seems to me that this may be holding the drive
up in another process so xcdroast cannot make use of it.  If this is true,
how can I kill the auto open of every cd I put in the drive to keep it free
for xcdroast to use?

George Johnson

"If we run into such debts, as that we must be taxed in our meat and
in our drink, in our necessaries and our comforts, in our labors and
our amusements, for our callings and our creeds, as the people in
England are, our people, like them, must come to labor sixteen hours
in the twenty-four, give the earnings of fifteen of these to the
government for their debts and daily expenses; and the sixteenth being
insufficient to afford us bread, we must live, as they now do, on
oatmeal and potatoes; have no time to think, no means of calling the
mismanagers to account; but be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring
ourselves to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow sufferers."
--Thomas Jefferson