[ale] Unable to recieve faxes/mgetty+sendfax 1.1.30

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Thu Jul 3 10:59:09 EDT 2003

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Geoffrey wrote:

> Jim Seymour wrote:
> > On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Geoffrey wrote:
> <snip>
> > at a loss, do you have another fax modem handy you could swap
> >> with temporarily?
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've added the -x 4 to the inittab.  Unfortunately I do not have
> > another class 2 modem to test on this system.  Where will the
> > debugging info from the -x 4 show up.  Which log where I mean.
>
> Mine show up in /var/log/mgetty.ttyS1 (where ttyS1 corresponds to your
> modem tty).

Thanks Geoffrey,

I need to email Gert (the developer) a log from an attempted incoming fax
today.  I need to find a fax on demand system to call and get a fax or
faxes sent to me.  I didn't notice any in the phone book.  Does anyone
out there have a suggestion they've used to test a fax system?

Thanks,

--
Jim Seymour
www.wingbarscafe.com