[ale] Semi-OT: CUPS question in case it helps w/MacOS-X

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Wed Jul 2 15:19:50 EDT 2003

ALErs -

I am setting up a remote printer on a D-Link firewall/router/spooler for
an Apple iBook running OS-X(10.2), and I want the printer driver to run in
the Apple before the job is spooled out to the remote. I believe the Apple
is using CUPS for print management.

Running 'if' from 'lpr' for a remote print job used to be a bit tricky:
defining a pseudo-printer that ran the filter, then spooling filter's
output to the remote.

Is this tricky to set up for a CUPS printing system? Anyone have OS-X
experience to share?

TIA.

 John Mills
 john.m.mills at alum.mit.edu