[ale] MySql Replication

Martha Armour warnerharmer at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 10:57:56 EDT 2003

I have a fail-over setup where two machines running
MySQL are slave/masters to each other; however,
the reserve machine does not do any updating of
the database and will only do so if it becomes
active.  To expand upon what Attriel said,
the auto increment tables will mess you up.  If
you try to insert a key that is already in an
auto incremented table, replication will break.

So for my setup, this is fine, but it won't work
correctly with two masters updating at the same
time.

- Martha