[ale] Bad business

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Jan 31 22:20:24 EST 2003

James P. Kinney III wrote:
> I saw it on Slashdot. It's not good news if one reads for the trend.
>
> http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/03_05/b3818001.htm

Check out some of the quotes:

"Ex-BofA managers and contractors say one-third of those jobs are headed
to India, where work that costs $100 an hour in the U.S. gets done for $20."

"Not far away, 26-year-old engineer Dharin Shah talks excitedly about
his $10,000-a-year job designing third-generation mobile-phone chips, as
sun pours through a skylight at the Texas Instrument Inc."

Let's see, I believe that would be below poverty level in the states.

Let's face it folks, whether you think the h1b thing is a problem or
not, if all the work is done overseas, or for half the rate here in the
states, there's going to be a lot of folks out of work.  If all those
folks are out of work, companies like Bunc of America will lose as their
share of their market will shrink as well.

I don't understand why corporate America doesn't get it.  Those folks
you lay off, will not be able to feed your money machine.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...