[ale] [waay OT[ OT: Electronic Voting in GA

Ricardo Davis Ricardo.Davis at PowerSystems-IM.com
Fri Jan 31 16:31:59 EST 2003

Christopher and other concerned ALEers,

On the topic of ethics in government, there is something you can do.
First, I've attached a meeting announcement geared toward concerned
citizens who (1) want to know what's going on in Georgia regarding
ethics in government and (2) want to do something to keep our public
servants in line when they spot mischief.

Second, for those who would like to see a great plan for ethics
reform check out the Constitution Party of Georgia's press release at
http://www.gaconstitutionparty.org/app/site/site.nl/site.ACCT73046/mode.items/sc.9/category.2/it.I/id.25/.f

From: WILLIAM PHILLIPS <billphillips at speedfactory.net>
To: ale at ale.org
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 15:24:08 -0500
Subject: Ethics in Government Group - Training Class in Marietta

The Ethics in Government Group announces an
ETHICS COMPLAINT TRAINING CLASS.
           ( Crucial timing for major actions at the Capitol! )

Sunday,  February 2
2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Rose Lane Baptist Church
534 Rose Lane Street NW
Marietta, Georgia 30060
cost:  $3.00 for info pack of handouts;  plus voluntary donation.
Taught by George Anderson, expert on using ethics complaints for reform.

You CAN influence government (it's easier than you thought)!

Directions:
Get on Church Street, from either:
(a)  I-75 ---- exit on highway 5 spur westbound; leads to Church Street
(b)  the Square in Marietta ---- drive north on Church Street
turn west onto KENNESAW AVENUE
    (Church St. - Kenn.Ave. intersection is about 1 mile N of the square)
Take the first left, (crossing RR) - ROSE LANE STREET is to the left
Rose Lane Baptist is at 534 - training is in the FELLOWSHIP HALL.

Please RSVP to Bill Phillips at 404-237-1481.
Bring a notepad and pen.
You will learn how to research and file ethics actions expertly.

Top reasons to attend this event:
1  George will discuss proposed ethics reform legislation.
2  CRITICAL ACTIONS are occurring NOW - come for a briefing.
3  County and municipal corruption disclosure project now underway.
4  New office of Inspector General will have a major impact this year.
5  Ethics reform momentum is HIGH with the new administration!

This training will have press coverage - will focus public attention to
ethics!
Encourage your friends to attend.
A good turnout will demonstrate public support of ethics reform.