[ale] Error: symbol foo is already defined.

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Fri Jan 31 09:57:10 EST 2003

Chris Ricker said:
> Hmm, no problems like that here. All I had to do was blacklist CDCEther
> and usbdnet then worked fine on RH 8 w/ my Zaurus.
>
> later,
> chris

Chris,

Count yourself lucky ;-).  The big problem I've had on 8.0 is that I can
connect the first time fine, but if I remove it from the cradle or leave
it idle for awhile and try to connect again, the connection times out.  I
bring down the interface and try to bring it back up.  Then, I get the
"Error. Device not accepting new address" message or something similar.
At that point, neither a reboot of my desktop or my Zaurus (or both!) will
solve the problem.  Last time I tried it, I believe I had to do a hard
reset on the Z.

Anyway, knock on wood and cross your fingers...it's a MAJOR pain.

John