[ale] Which Distro should I use?

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Thu Jan 30 10:31:29 EST 2003

On Thursday 30 January 2003 10:02 am, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> I feel really sofa here. I tried to try Gentoo in the past, and I am
> trying today. I can't FIND the correct iso to download. All of the
> mirrors that I go to are maxed out - and I can't find the .iso on th the
> mirrors that are left over.
>
> Like, could someone help give me the URL to a WORKING "atholon-xp 524MB
> iso?"

If that is what you want then I recommend you switch to another
distribution.  The only reason, IMHO, to install gentoo is to have the
gentoo experience.  For that, get the 16 MB generic x86 install CD, print
out the installation documentation, and get ready to party.  I actually
found it to be one of the easier installs, except that it took me about 4
days.  That's a long time, but it is by design and there were no problems.

Michael