[ale] alterntive to sendmail

J.M. Taylor jtaylor at onlinea.com
Wed Jan 29 16:55:48 EST 2003

John,

I'm a huge fan of exim (www.exim.org) for all sorts of reasons (easy to
install/configure, incredibly good documentation, etc).  But it seems like
overkill if this is a workstation type setup.

Sendmail is a complex creature if you're doing complex things.  But they
seem to have responded to all the criticism with a really huge tips, docs,
howtows, questions etc at sendmail.org (under Primary resources for
learning about sendmail ...).  Also RH has a RH specific email howto in
their docs...
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-8.0-Manual/custom-guide/ch-switchmail.html

HTH
jenn