[ale] OT: Response to the State of the Union

sangell at nan.net sangell at nan.net
Wed Jan 29 14:19:31 EST 2003

Can I get a "HELL YEA!!!!"????

\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
\_    Steve Angell,  MCSE, CCNA           _/
\_    MIS Operations Manager               _/
\_    TSYS Debt Management             _/
\_    Norcross, GA                                   _/
\_    Phone 770-409-5570                    _/
\_    Fax      770-416-1752                   _/

                      cfowler
                      <cfowler at outpostse        To:       ale at ale.org
                      ntinel.com>               cc:
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  [ale] OT: Response to the State of the Union
                      ale-admin at ale.org

                      01/29/2003 02:06
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      ale

<BEGGING>Do not run with this and start a wild thread</BEGGING>

I wrote a very long letter to Bush in regards to his speech last night.
I include a topic of H1-B.  I'm sending you my comments so you can
coninue this by sending our people on Capitol Hill emails and snail
mails.  I send him this long letter via email and followed up with a
snail mailed copy.

Here is what I wrote:
H1B:

Man is this a sore subject when it comes to the tech industry.  I don't
have to elaborate but I hear many times a week when someone has been
laid off and H1-B's still exist.  This could be fact or fiction but a
question must be answered:

"If *any* American IT workers are looking for jobs, Why do we allow
H1-B's to stay in America?"

It goes back to America needs to help Americans and that includes
everyone.  You, CEO's, employees, and anyone else who dare calls them
self American.  To me it is treason against your fellow American when
you provide a job to a immigrant when there is an American standing in
line for that job.  Would you not agree?

Bottom line:  From today until further notice,  The H1-B program is
suspended and all H1-B visas are revoked until unemployment levels go
back down to an acceptable level of 0.0001%.  Makes since does it not.

Please run with the ball and start the letters flowing out.