[ale] OT: Squandering thousands in one step...

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Tue Jan 28 21:55:51 EST 2003

On 28 Jan 2003, James P. Kinney III wrote:

> If the screen is intact and apparently working well, you are very lucky!
>
> It might be a wise idea to do a backup now in the event that the hard
> drive begins to gripe soon. Other than the screen, it is the next most
> fragile thing on a laptop.

Might not hurt to pop open all the covers and re-seat anything that looks
"re-seatable". I've seen problems crop up monts after a drop on Inspirons.
Mainly those little mini PCI modems that some of them have, popping loose
and shorting the mainboard resulting in all sorts of strange things.

Overall, they take a beating surprisingly well though, regardless of how
flimsy they may seem.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security