[ale] Internet via modem

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Jan 28 14:27:57 EST 2003

But, 3com (USR) makes a very nice internal real modem as well, in the
event you want to say the desktop space and have the available slot.

You can identify a winmodem pretty easily from the minimum requirements.
  They require at least a Pentium 166, and lately I've seen some that
require even more.

I was helping a friend yesterday set up a new machine and was checking
out the disc that came with his modem.  It had Red Hat drivers.  Lucent
chipset so I'm pretty sure it was a winmodem, although it did not list
minimum system req.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...