[ale] Again with the filesystem recovery SOLUTION?

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Tue Jan 28 10:59:21 EST 2003

On Monday 27 January 2003 08:03 pm, Jonathan Rickman wrote:
> I'm not criticizing anyone for
> debating the issue. I feel it is definately worthy of debate. But I must
> ask, which solution would you consider more valuable to the Linux
> community?
>
> 1) "Magic undeletes"

Number 1, absolutely.  These would be commonly used and save much
heartbreak.  Everyone I know (even the people arguing against it) would
use it.

> 2) True "bare metal restore" capabilities via boot disk or write
> protected boot partition.

Handy, but not commonly needed, especially if 1) exists.

> 3) Better forensics tools.

Always nice to have, and might be useful for implementing 1), but if 1)
exists, why would you need 3)?

Michael