[ale] Again with the filesystem recovery SOLUTION?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Jan 28 07:37:51 EST 2003

ChangingLINKS.com wrote:

> Sure. I have only myself to blame for data loss, systems that crash because
> the OS doesn't detect the chip correctly (and that I don't immediately take
> the time to learn to configure correctly), or if I have to turn off IPTABLES
> just to ssh around my house, and for my lack of knowledge in most areas.
> I agree that I am not a good admin. Stuff here works well enough to use, but I
> am no where near being a pro - and honestly, I have thought about it - and I
> want to spend more time using the computer than admining it, so my dreams of
> buying lots of books and studying for an RHCE are dashed.

That is not necessary in order to admin your own box.  Folks don't go
out and get an MSCE in order to use a windows box.  I will admit, the
general Linux install usually requires more technical knowledge then the
average Windows install.  Then again, not a whole lot of folks install
windows either, it's usually preinstalled.  I've got two windows boxes
left here, and they were both a nightmare to get properly installed.
Both had problems with drivers, that caused things to not work, unless
the hardware was put into the box in the proper order.  Having to add
hardware piece meal for an install, which then requires multiple
reboots, is hardly user friendly.

> Contrarily, if it is Windows (anything) it is always their fault. I have
> learned the theme here - I will eventually conform.

I'll give M$ credit when they deserve it, I've yet to see they do.
Although I know many folks believe I'm a narrow minded, rabid Microsoft
basher, that is far from the truth.  I have done extensive research
regarding these issues, and have come to a well researched position.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...