[ale] Reverting from ntpd

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Jan 27 10:32:03 EST 2003

If it's off that much, you're likely running into a problem with a
difference in timezones.  You can tell your OS that your bios is set to
gmt and it will adjust accordingly.  This might be the case.  Unless
this is a dual boot (Linux and some variation of Windows), it's a better
idea to set your bios to gmt and then adjust your time accordingly.
Since I can never remember the difference between gmt and est, I tell
the OS the bios is set to gmt, check the time on my box when it boots,
then make the appropriate adjustments.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...