[ale] OT: Router for sale

Mike Panetta ahuitzot at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 25 21:24:32 EST 2003

That would work except for 2 problems...

1. The current produced by using a multimeter in "Continuity" mode (its
really a real low ohm setting, with a beep) may very well be enough to
kill the IO lines of todays 3.3V (or lower) processors.

and...

2. The chip is more then likely a BGA package.  Have fun finding the
pins on that one...  Not all boards have one VIA per pin for BGA
packages, it may not be necessary for the particular layout of the
board.

Mike

PS:  It does not actually need a serial connection (in the traditional
rs232 sense) on the board at all to load the software at the factory.
It could have been loaded using a JTAG or debugging port of some sort.
Thats the way I flash the FLASH chips on my development board at the
office.