[ale] New worm destablized Internet

James S. Cochrane cochrane at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 25 21:10:40 EST 2003

I just spent four hours at work, none of our Unix servers were DIRECTLY
impacted, but the amount of broadcast traffic did impact our networks, and
convinced several of our HA systems that they were experiencing network
outages (mainly seemed to impact HP boxes, going to have to look into
whether there are problems with HP-UX 11.0's network stack).  So it might
not be impacting the ATM network directly, but could be impacting the
back-end networks where their servers are, preventing the ATM's from
connecting to verify account balances and funds available, etc...

James