[ale] X windows question

Ned Williams nwilliams at interland.com
Fri Jan 24 12:27:18 EST 2003

Hi gang I have a question
I need to get Xfree to fully utilize the screen I have on a Sony
PWR500AW2UE plasma...its a wide screen Hi def type plasma but it has RGB
inputs and I have it driving text just fine full screen but I cannot get
Xfree to configure it,if I let Redhat detect the Monitor it says its a
Sont FM01 and it only utilizes the middle portion of the screen.
If I try to manually enter the refresh rates as a custom monitor it dosnt
work at all.
Has anyone else gotten one of these monitors to work properly with Xfree?

thanks
Ned WIlliams