[ale] Update on DirectTV -> Speedfactory

cfowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Jan 23 08:15:08 EST 2003

Thought I give you guys an update on this.  We have 3 sites. So far 2
has been converted with one more to go.  The 2 that were converted was
painless.  It was a simple as unplug the Telocity gateway, plug in their
router device and then reconfigure our firewalls.  At 2 locations we use
Linux based firewalls at one is a LinkSys Wireless DSL Router.  It seems
like Speedfactory done something right.  We originally looked at Covad
and the sales lady there told us a 5-7 day loss of internet access.  I
only lost about 12 hours because I was not at home to plug in the new
equipment.