[ale] No email for 1 week?!?!

Andrew Newton anewton at ecotroph.net
Tue Jan 21 10:30:44 EST 2003

I thought the issue was that Jim P. is not receiving email from the
list.  Being an old friend and former coworker of Jim's, I've attempted
to send him email in the past, but it bounces because he uses SPEWS.  I
have therefore lept to the wild conclusion that he is not receiving
email from the ALE list because of SPEWS as well.  This uninformed and
ill-educated conclusion is just my shallow attempt to justify ranting
about SPEWS, public blacklists, and the unaccountable, overboard,
irresponsible, vigilante nature in which they are operated.

-andy