[ale] pppoe router recommendations

Mike Still MikeS at McBurney.com
Mon Jan 20 19:42:34 EST 2003

well this xmas i decided to junk my openbsd based firewall with a
wireless router thingie.  i first got an smc barricade model that had 2
wireless interfaces giving you 22mbps if your card supported it, but i
never could get it to work with my bellsouth dsl.  i believe the problem
was that this particular model doesn't remember the pppoe passwd and
never auths with BS.  so i switched it out with a netgear mr814 and was
surfing in less than 10 mins after opening the box.  all web configured
so i didn't even have to bother with winblows.  if you don't want
wireless then i think there's an equivalent version that doesn't have
it.