[ale] Kerberos

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Mon Jan 20 16:08:25 EST 2003

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Mike Millson wrote:

> One of my clients, a university, uses it for authentication for websites.
> But beyond knowing they use it, I don't think I can tell you much because it
> hasn't impacted my work yet. The way I understand it, the kerberos does the
> job of what a ssl connection would be doing.

It provides two-way secure authentication between all parties involved in a
communication (ie, not only does the client authenticate to the server, but
the client also knows the server is authentic), and it also provides
encrypted variants of common protocols (telnet, rprotocols, etc.).

later,
chris