[ale] virtual consoles

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Jan 20 09:10:40 EST 2003

Thanks John, I hadn't caught that.  It's interesting the difference in
some of the info in the various man pages.  I checked 'man X' but not
'man XFree86'

This does work and I'm currently running 11 Xservers from vt2-vt12

I guess I could kill my getty on vt1 and fire one up there, but I'd
kinda like to keep one virtual console around. :)

So, now the next question is, how does one map virtual consoles beyond
F12 key?  I'll post info I find. :)

I'd still like to find out how X determines to use vt7 by default.  It
may well be hard coded.  I think I'll check out the source.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...