[ale] changing # of virtual consoles

L. Wayne James wjames at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 20 07:04:12 EST 2003

May I suggest you search for a "tty7" in and around your X configurations?

<old geezer>As best as I recall, some versions of Red Hat hardcoded the
"initial tty".  It may be in a config file in /etc, but I think I remember
something in some of the X configuration as well.</old geezer>

Sorry I cannot be more specific.

Wayne