[ale] OT: Crystal Reports

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Sun Jan 19 21:33:10 EST 2003

The app I'm converting to Linux uses crystal reports.  The client provided
along with the vb source code a number of .rpt files.

They are unreadable with a text editor, so my guess is that they're
actually compiled reports, but I have no experience with Crystal Reports.
Am I wrong?  Are these .rpt files crystal reports source files, or are
they compiled reports?

Additionally, is Crystal source readable with a text editor, or do you
have to have some sort of proprietary development tool to read them?  Is
there a standard file extension for the source?

Thanks!

John