[ale] Re: [ale-admin] question about job posting

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Jan 16 09:54:25 EST 2003

I'm forwarding your job posting to the ale list. Thanks.

Rob Jones wrote:
> Harold,
>
> I wanted to ask you about a job posting I would like to send to the ale
> list. The posting is for a position that is not in Atlanta. I attached
> the posting below. The job is for a senior admin with Redhat Advanced
> Server experience, the position is located in Detroit Michigan. I know
> that the unemployment rate is high for IT folks in Atlanta and I did not
> know if someone might be interested. My company HotLinuxJobs does
> linux/open source recruiting across the country and we have posted
> positions on the list before. I have attended a few ALE meetings in the
> past, we are located in Savannah, I would attend more but the 4 hour
> drive up 16 is a pain. Just let me know what your thoughts are.
> Thanks for your time.

Red Hat System Administrator - Advanced Server
Salary: 30-35/HR - Long Term Contract (1+ year)
Detroit, MI - JOB DESCRIPTION: Participate in developing the Ford global
RedHat (RH) Advanced Server (AS) 2.1 Linux load. Responsibilities
include developing and testing the Ford Linux load, packaging and
distribution of the load for global implementation (kickstart process
and DVD media), preparation of complete install documentation,
preparation of test procedures and coordination with the ITL for load
certification Package core applications in RPM format for the Ford Linux
load and integrate with the kickstart and DVD installation processes
Create and maintain periodic patches (RPM updates) for the Ford Linux
load Test and release critical and security patches (RPM updates) for
the Ford Linux load. Perform 3rd level support for the Ford Linux load
Develop RH Linux server system administration tools and scripts, as
required. SKILLS REQUIRED: In-depth knowledge of RH Linux operating
systems (Advanced Server 2.1) Strong working experience with the RH
Linux kickstart installation process In-depth understanding of disk
storage management concept under RH Linux (volume groups, logical
volumes and filesystems). Strong working experience in creating RPM
packages Working experience with RedHat Linux patches (RPM updates) and
the RedHat network process Advanced PERL and Shell scripting skills
Minimum 5 years of large environment System Administration Knowledge of
infrastructure development and deployment techniques Strong
communications and project management skills MUST BE a self-starter,
capable of working independently and within a team with minimum
supervision A Bachelors degree or higher with minimum GPA of 2.8/4.0 .

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...