[ale] Trojan mpg123 alert

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Jan 15 19:36:16 EST 2003

Joe wrote:

> But this totally rocks! If it were a Windows virus, the
> effect would be, "The trojan sends itself as an attachment
> to all users in all Outlook address books it can find on
> the system, then deletes all files on local hard drives,
> kills your family, and burns your house to the ground."
> Or something like that. Linux definitely looks good
> here.

Excellent point.  As long as you don't play mp3s as root and you have a
decent backup, you're good. If you play mp3s as root, you get what you
deserve, I hope you do it in /. :)

I for one an seriously considering talking to an attorney regarding a
class action law suit against Microsoft, for continuing to be the prime
purveyor of viri.

I just called a friend to inform them that they had a virus.  How did I
know?  I received a bounced email message that I never sent to an email
address that I could definitely associate with this person.

Point is, there are all these bouncing email messages going around with
my email as the sender.  I've even received 4 messages from
administrators telling me I'm infected.  Of course, I set them straight,
and suggested they do their research.

This sux folks.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...