[ale] SSH3.1.0 scp failure (a mystery to me)

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Jan 14 21:22:13 EST 2003

Dow,

I never had any success getting any version of ssh to be compiled on
Irix version A then run on Irix version B. In theory, a 6.5.9
compilation _should_ run on a 6.5.10, but I never saw that actually work
right. It does seem to be particularly ssh and not other apps. Samba was
no problem to move around (within 6.5.x releases).

On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 14:21, Dow Hurst wrote:
> It's occurred to me that I compiled under IRIX 6.5.3 and am installing
> the binaries on IRIX 6.5.11m or IRIX 6.5.12f where the failures are
> occurring.  Also, looking back in the configure output from that
> compile, some strange messages were produced.  So, I am recompiling
> now.  Not getting those errors, either.  So hold off on helping me until
> I can repost with the results of this recompilation and testing.  The
> machine I compiled on lost it's disk, so it is rebuilt.  I was using the
> ssh install on that machine and one other for my new ssh installs.
> Probably a mistake I hadn't caught until now since I have a mix of old
> and new ssh servers and clients.  Thanks,
> Dow

 This is a digitally signed message part