[ale] OT: hardware lockups, resets

Klepinger, Aaron Aaron.Klepinger at CompuCredit.com
Mon Jan 13 15:34:54 EST 2003

I also have an A7v that I was experiencing lockups with.  I currently have
the 1011 bios and a 430 watt Antec PSU and am having no more problems.  I
think my problem was a power issue.

Try here:
http://www.a7vtroubleshooting.com

-aaron

-----Original Message-----
From: James P. Kinney III [mailto:jkinney at localnetsolutions.com]
To: ale at ale.org
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 3:28 PM
To: Atlanta Linux "User Group (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [ale] OT: hardware lockups, resets

It does sound like Power (in)supply problems. Swipe a backup PS and
test.

Also check the reset switch and verify it is not sticking. I've seen
cases where the reset switch plastic was not "right" and the switches
would not return properly.

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 15:18, John Wells wrote:
> My brother has an Athlon slot A/Asus A7V mb system.
>
> In the past few weeks, he's been experiencing system resets and
> lockups...sometimes before he can even get into the bios.  My first
> thought was a heat issue, but it happens even after the machine has been
> turned off overnight.  He didn't install any new software before it
> started happening that he can think of.
>
> Could this be a power supply issue?  What would be a good trouble shooting
> strategy?  I told him I would start by unplugging the harddrive, trying
> it, plugging it back in if there're still freezes, and then proceed to do
> the same with each card.  Course, it doesn't sound like it could be a
> harddrive issue since it freezes before post has completed sometimes.
>
> Any input is greatly appreciated.
>
> John

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>

information that is intended only for use by the named recipient.
If you are not the named recipient, any disclosure, dissemination,
or action based on the contents of this message is prohibited.
In such case please notify us and destroy and delete all copies
of this transmission.  Thank you.