[ale] OT: hardware lockups, resets

Charles Shapiro charles.shapiro at nubridges.com
Mon Jan 13 15:28:50 EST 2003

I'd betcha a donut that you right, and this is a power supply problem.

I've opened power supplies (to replace the fan) before. You might want
to take a look inside this one and look for obvious signs of damage
(scorch marks, swollen capacitors, et cetera). A new power supply'll run
you somewhere between $20 and $50. You could just get one and stick it
in for that price.

My current main development box was a give-away from a friend who
complained that it wasn't stable. I replaced the power supply and it's
been fine for some years now.

-- CHS