[ale] [ot] pvr using mythtv

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Mon Jan 13 15:21:09 EST 2003

> I agree with you on this point, as I know xawtv has a fullscreen mode,
> but I don't see how this is going to provide you assistance in a pvr
> solution.  I wouldn't expect that you'd want to use the output generated
>  in this way to be your source of recording.

agreed. the picture quality i'm getting on the ati tv wonder isn't
spectacular.  Course, the recording would happen on the machine to file,
before it got to video out anyway.

Not sure how mythtv handles it.  I only know that there are quite a few
who use their gf2 s-video outs for pvr solutions.

I'll be interested in hearing from Calvin or anyone else doing this
currently.

John