[ale] [ot] pvr using mythtv

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Jan 13 14:46:25 EST 2003

John Wells wrote:
> Geoffrey,
>
> Haven't tried mine yet as the only s-video capable tv is downstairs and
> I'm just getting going on this pvr thing, but afaik these cards (in my
> case, nvidia geforce 2) do the same as your ati, and you can use it to
> output tv as well.  I assume it's tv run on top of X...almost as if
> running xawtv on your machine and displaying on your tv...but as I say,
> haven't tried it yet.  I'm assuming they use something to make the display
> larger and fullscreen.

I agree with you on this point, as I know xawtv has a fullscreen mode,
but I don't see how this is going to provide you assistance in a pvr
solution.  I wouldn't expect that you'd want to use the output generated
in this way to be your source of recording.

Then again, I may be completely clueless.  My expectation of a pvr
solution would be to take the input and write it straight to a file.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...