[ale] [ot] pvr using mythtv

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Mon Jan 13 13:45:07 EST 2003

Geoffrey,

Haven't tried mine yet as the only s-video capable tv is downstairs and
I'm just getting going on this pvr thing, but afaik these cards (in my
case, nvidia geforce 2) do the same as your ati, and you can use it to
output tv as well.  I assume it's tv run on top of X...almost as if
running xawtv on your machine and displaying on your tv...but as I say,
haven't tried it yet.  I'm assuming they use something to make the display
larger and fullscreen.

Calvin can probably provide more input.

John