[ale] GnuCash

Robert Heaven robertheaven at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 13 11:54:34 EST 2003

I use it for my personal banking. Download bank accounts, etc.

It takes a little getting used to though. First you have to figure out
how to set up all your accounts. Not just your bank accounts but all
your other (expense) accounts too. Quicken calls these other accounts
"categories" whereas, gnucash calls them accounts.

Working with gnucash is a real experience in learning the definition of
the term "double entry accounting".