[ale] [ot] pvr using mythtv

Calvin Harrigan charrig at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 13 10:32:08 EST 2003

	Get a Hauppauge wintv-fm or some close relative.  The hauppauge cards
work quite well.  The SVideo output has to be on your video card (not
the capture card) or from a scan converter.  As far as audio you have to
run seperate cables from the output of your soundcard to the audio input
on the tv.
	I've been running mythtv since version .4 or so. It's really nice once
you get it working.  YOu might consider browsing the mailing list
archive at mythtv.org there you will find lots of info and answers to
questions that a new user might have.

Calvin...