[ale] Kppp - newbie in trouble

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Jan 10 10:20:15 EST 2003

Look in /var/log/messages for any boot info regarding the modem.  Is it
a winmodem?  Look for docs taht say it requires a pentium or higher
processor.  If it does, it's a winmodem and you'll have limited luck
getting it to work under Linux (although some will).

Your modem is on ttyS1 since its com2 under windows.

com1 == ttyS0
com2 == ttyS1
comN == ttyS(N-1)

Forget about the cua devices, they are deprecated.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...