[ale] OT: toasting a CPU

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Thu Jan 9 21:47:16 EST 2003

Removed i8kutils, rebooted, temp is hovering at 39 degrees and both fans
are on.  Really odd behavior.  Has to be a coincidence, as you have to
start i8kmon for fan control (supposedly).  I was starting i8kbuttons in
rc.local, but that shouldn't affect fans at all.  Just the same, I think
I'll take a look at the source.

John