[ale] X and desktop redraws

Keith Morris graphicsguy at attbi.com
Thu Jan 9 10:27:05 EST 2003

If you are using the newest nvidia drivers and are using Gnome as your
desktop your performance will be HORRIBLE!  3D performance will rock but
2D will be dismal.

This is pretty well discussed on the nvidia Linux forum.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=5cff9f8ff787a948cee3cc7861be9e80&threadid=4997

I reinstalled the older drivers and performance was back to normal.

here's a link to the older drivers

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=linux_display_1.0-3123

hope that helps...

Keith