[ale] e2undel output, where'd it go???

attriel attriel at d20boards.net
Tue Jan 7 11:24:38 EST 2003

> This was the case.  What I did to solve the problem was use screen and
> turn on logging.  That provided me with the listing as expected.
>
>>         Probably what's happening is that it's seeing that stdout
>> isn't a tty and going into some sort of batch/non-interactive mode.

Are you trying to make it undelete everything, which is how it read, or
are you capturing the data and running it through a filter before sending
it back for actual undeletion ?

If the former, might check the docs to find out what e2undel's "batch"
functionality is (since, apparently?, it was kicking into it already) ...
It's possible that you could just let e2 do the work instead of bypassing
it's default batch functionality to implement your own mechanism for
producing the same functionality :o

'course, if you're doing some kind of filter, that ain't gonna work nearly
so well.  Not that i know what the batch mode does or how well it works on
it's own, of course, having never used it or even looked at it :o

--attriel