Converting "Dozies" (was Re: [ale] OT: winxp upgrade...)

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Jan 6 18:15:37 EST 2003

Mark Walters wrote:
> I've never played around with SuSe I guess because  I'm mostly a RedHat
> guy.  How do you like SuSe? Would you recommend it to someone as a
> replacement for RedHat on thier desktop? I used to download and play with
> different distros but as I get older time gets thinner.

I've not installed SuSE since 7.?, but Dow did an install of 8.0 at one
of the meetings and it was real slick.

I liked SuSE when I was using it for my primary, but I didn't like the
fact that I couldn't locate bleeding edge rpms, like Mandrake Cooker.

The configuration was quite different as well, with a huge script that
was run that configured EVERYTHING.

I don't know if it's still that way.

SuSE 8.1 was given a better rating then RH in a recent Linux Format.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...