[ale] Can't compile RedHat's kernel.

attriel attriel at d20boards.net
Mon Jan 6 14:50:34 EST 2003

> attriel wrote:
>
>> Just as a thought, make sure that /usr/include/linux and
>> /usr/include/asm are symlinks to /usr/src/linux/include/linux and
>> /usr/src/linux/include/asm
>
> This is no longer recommended.  If you review the standard README that
> comes with kernel source, these steps are no longer listed.
>
> I don't compile dist kernels, I always use kernel.org.

Huh.  I'm out of it for a little while due to not being able to take the
old box down to do kernel upgrades, and they change all kindsa things on
me :o

Guess I shoulda re-read all those docs or something :)

--attriel

('course, the new machines I've built the last couple months, didn't
compile the times I forgot this step ... you sure this is a kernel/glibc
thing and not distro?)