[ale] archiving IMAP Maildir folders

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Mon Jan 6 11:06:58 EST 2003

I'm one of those who keep emails *forever*.  As a consequence, my
mailbox has grown to the point where squirrelmail is getting sluggish.

I'd like to archive the Maildir.  I know I can simply copy it, but was
wondering if it's relatively easy to restore messages at a later date,
or if it will be a real pain.  I'm assuming I could simply move it back
to read the messages, but don't know if there's any internal accounting
I'll screw up by doing so.

Also wondering if there's a way to archive specific folders (i.e., ale).
 I've created all my folder as subfolders of INBOX.

I use Courier IMAP.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!

John