[ale] DSL switch from DirecTV

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Jan 4 20:25:56 EST 2003

Greg wrote:
> I have called both about 5 times and I got a person every time.

My experiences with Speakeasy are about 18 months old.

Waits were
> about the same (as I expect both are swamped w/ DirecTV ex-customers).
> Speedfactory told me they were doing about 200 hookups a day.  The only
> things I don't like about Speedfactory are no free DNS hosting for your one
> IP, no automated and secure web based system to make changes to your
> account,

What changes would you like to make this way?  The do have a web based
solution for forwarding email and changing passwords for mail ids.

> and IP's are only given in groups of 5 (a $119/month value to be
> sure).  But I think the switch will be easier with them then Speakeasy.

I don't know about the group of 5 thing, I've got 2, but as noted, it's
a bit different as I specified my requirements and they gave me what I
wanted.  I'm not paying $119, but $98.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...